Friday, March 7, 2014

Bringing Nature Inside

When it comes to life, I like to keep things simple and I feel the same way about my home. I don't like to have a lot of stuff around and the less I have, the less I want to keep. The less I keep, the easier it is to maintain a clean and organized home.

I have had a glass fish bowl that was part of our wedding center pieces that I didn't want to give away because it reminds me of one of the best days in my life...but I also didn't like the fact that it just sat on a self, collecting dust. A few weeks ago I found a few ideas for creating a terrarium on Pinterest and it turned out that I already had most of the materials to make one so my sister helped me make one - and I absolutely love it.

I love to bring nature into my home and this little gem reminds me of all the time we spend hiking when it is not raining.

Materials:
- Fish bowl: From our wedding
- Soil: I already had
- Rocks: From our backyard
- Moss: From our neighborhood
- Succulents: I already had some...and got a few more at Home Depot

This simple terrarium brings so much life to my living room! The best part is that Sariah has not destroyed it (at least not yet) and I am teaching her to take care of plants by watering them once in a while.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails