Thursday, February 23, 2012

It has been a While...

I feel like I have neglected my blog and while I have every good intention to write more often, for some reason the days come and go and I never get to it. So, since it has been a while, I thought I should just make a list of a few things that have been going on in our lives:
 
·        Our home has been filled with visitors and that makes me so happy! We have had fun times with family and friends who drove north to be with us. Those of you who have set aside time to be with us: Thank you! You have made us feel very loved.

·         John and I visited Vancouver BC (one of my all-time favorite cities) a few weeks ago. I will post some photos soon!!!

·        We have been trying to get cool photos of eagles during this mating season, but I think we may have to wait until next year because we drove out looking for them and it looks like they have moved on from our area.

·        I dream of going to a warm place (aka Hawaii) every single day. I miss the sun and its warmth.

·        I wish we had a Chipotle in our town…and unfortunately, I have not been able to convince John to drive 65+ miles (each way) to get me a steak burrito bowl with black beans, grilled veggies, corn, sour cream, cheese and lettuce.

·        While exercising is not one of my favorite things in the world, I have been walking a lot these days – which makes me feel super healthy, but I also feel exhausted and often have to convince myself that exercising will pay off in the long run.

·        John makes the best pancakes in the world! Yesterday he made us strawberry, chocolate chip pancakes that melted in my mouth. Yum! I want some more right now.

·        For lent, we have decided to read the bible together every day.  While this is something we often try to do, we are really good at getting busy and not making it a priority to spend time in the Word daily.

·        I have been somewhat obsessed with cheese lately and I am pretty sure I could eat anything with a slice or two of Monterey Jack cheese.

·        John and I have been praying about many decisions we will be making this year. It turns out that 2012 is bringing some BIG changes our way and we are excited about what is to come while desperately seeking God’s direction and guidance. (We thought 2011 was a year of changes…but we had no idea that was just the beginning!). I promise to share more about these changes with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails