Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What Is It All About?


Christmas time is my favorite time of the year…but for some reason, I am feeling a bit behind this year. I mean, Christmas day will be here is less than 4 days and I still can’t believe we are in December. How did this happen?
While trying to catch up with time, I have managed to write a few Christmas cards, organized the log candles on the table and placed the wreath on the ground next to the door (it turns out I don’t have a hook to hang it up – so it will just sit on the ground this year).  The Christmas tree in the photo above does not belong to me, as a matter of fact, that is a photo of my mom’s tree from last year.

I guess what I am trying to say is that our home is not looking very Christmassy this year. In reality, 99% of our home is looking exactly how it looks every other day of the year and a part of me is sad about it. I want a real tree with clear lights that do not blink. I want the wreath to be hanging on the door. I want red and green candles. I want stockings over the fireplace…


But as I stop to think about all the things I want during this Christmas season, I realize that none of those things are important. I must also point out that none of the things I mentioned have anything to do with what Christmas is all about.
What is Christmas about anyway? You may be thinking…
This is what Christmas is about:
 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
When I think about the true meaning of Christmas, my heart is filled with joy and thankfulness that God loves us unconditionally. What more can a person want?
All of the sudden a Christmassy home does not seem important at all.
This Christmas, I am thankful for my Savior and I will not let anything else take that joy away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails