Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Technology, Family and Friends

It turns out that living in a new city far from family and friends can lead to a bit of loneliness. I am not talking about the downcast kind of loneliness that makes the heart ache. I am talking about the feeling you get when you wish you could easily go spend time with the people you love- but they happen to be far away from you. I am talking about the longing for community; the desire to be with those who know you.

In these lonely days, I am thankful for family and friends who have intentionally kept in touch. I am thankful for the internet, the phone and skype!

I love that I can chat with a friend in California and another in New York. I love that I can call my mom whenever. I love that Abbie and Joel ‘hang’ out with us on Tuesday nights (via skype)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails