Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Real and the Phony

Ever since I started editing photos (back in the day I used Picasa) I have asked myself how much is too much.

Have you ever asked that question while editing your photos?

Software like Photoshop makes it so easy for us to create a person we wish we could be. Example: shiny eyes, flawless skin, white teeth…the list goes on. As a photographer I think about these details as I edit photos. I know that I could make a person look like a model on a magazine – but the truth is that instead of capturing the real person, I would be creating a phony version of that person.

I stumbled upon this website – and I wanted to share these before and after (Photoshop) images with you. My desire is to show you that sometimes what we wish we looked like is completely unattainable. It is computer created. It is not real.

We all have pores, scars and birth marks. These details make us unique.

I am working on accepting the real me.  I want to look at myself in the mirror and see the things that make me unique. I want to cherish the things about me that are real! It is time for me to stop wishing I looked like this or that – and start appreciating the things about me that make me who I am. I will never be perfect, but I want to be me!

1 comment:

  1. From a guy's perspective: amen. Amen. Amen! AMEN! AMEN!!!
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails