Monday, January 3, 2011

A Year Older

Celebrating a birthday as a working grown up is quite…different. Like any other day, I woke up (too early for my liking) got dressed, drank chocolate milk, got my lunch and left our cold home to an even colder car. However, today I got to face traffic with a friend sitting next to me!

My friend Erin was in town and it was so good to see her. Her presence alone was a great birthday gift.

As I walked into the office, everything looked exactly how it all looked when I left it on Thursday night. I spent the day reading and researching. The sky was blue and the sun was out. That too was a birthday gift.

I came home to my John, feeling somewhat like my birthday was already over – and then I remembered something. I remembered that I had not thanked my creator for giving me life. Abundant life.  

He has given me more than I could ever ask for and every day is a gift.

I am thankful for a God who gives me beyond what I could ask or imagine. A God who fills my life with joy and shows me the way I should go. A God who loves me when I seek Him and calls my name when I turn away from him. A God who has showered me with blessings.

May my life bring glory and honor to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails