Monday, January 24, 2011

Insert Entire ‘Hour’

I don’t really like being busy. As a matter of fact, I don’t like being busy at all. Now, please don’t assume that I am lazy – because I am not.

There is no feeling like the one I get when I get up early and get through half of my ‘To Do” before noontime. That is what I call productivity! I enjoy being productive and cannot stand feeling useless. But like everything in life, one must find a balance between being productive and being busy. You see, just because one is busy does not mean that one is productive.

Over the last few months I have felt really busy.  My brain in constantly planning, scheduling, organizing. I go to sleep thinking and I wake up thinking. The day ends and I am not finished with the things I need to get done and the next day starts with a fuller agenda.

I find myself wishing life was a bit like an excel spreadsheet. I wish I could right click and insert an entire hour (or two or three) to the day before the clock hits 10:00pm.

I wish I had time to read for fun, exercise, chat with friends, organize my photo albums, cook creative meals, trim my hydrangea, go for a walk and take a long bath.  I wish I could invest more of my time into the people I love.

It looks like I need to make some changes – and straighten out my priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails