Thursday, June 10, 2010

In the OR

John is having intestine surgery as I type. He was recently diagnosed with a longer than usual intestine that was sitting too low in his belly - so he is having a laparoscopic surgery to lift up his intestine.

Wow. This is a new kind of experience.

Just so you know, I REALLY dislike hospitals. Maybe because so much of my childhood was spent at hospitals. I have had ear problems since I was a baby and my least favorite experience was the ear surgery I had when I was in 6th grade. Although I am VERY thankful for the doctors at Children's hospital.

Anyways, I have never had to be the 'responsible adult' in situations like this one before. It was hard to see him connected so all the wires and tubes. I just wanted to hold on to him and tell him that I love him very much.

I have his phone, his wallet, his glasses and his wedding ring.

All I want is for the next couple of hours to fly by so I can see him again.

I prayed for the doctors as I shook their hands and told them to take good care of my John. They don't know I was praying, but I know God is working through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails