Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Time to Love

There are certain events in life that bring out the best in us. Weddings are like that.

I got to go to a dear friend's wedding this past weekend and my heart almost exploded as I saw the look on her face as she said I DO to the man of her dreams and jumped up and down. What a moment filled with love, excitement, mystery and beauty.

This moment marks not the end of a romantic road, but the beginning of a life long commitment. Every day from here on represent the true colors of marriage.

This moment filled with love touched my heart in a way I was not expecting. It reminded me of the things in life that really matter and the ones that don't.

Exactly 11 months, 25 days ago I got to say I DO to a man I really love. We promised to love each other - on happy days and moody ones. We promised to remain committed and faithful to each other - when we feel like it and when we don't. We promised to uphold the integrity, honor and purity that God has entrusted us with - always.

It wasn't until months later that I realized I had said "I do" to a lot of promises I could not keep on my own. You see, I found out that as humans, we are constantly fighting our own selfishness in order to love another person. It doesn't come naturally, we have to work at it. Sometimes we have to put our knees to the ground and pray that God would teach us to love the way He loves.

John and I are learning to cherish each other and remain faithful to those promises as we learn to love each other's strengths while working on our imperfections. Looking back, I realize that I love my husband John in a way I didn't know I could love. And this love that continues to grow roots deep in my heart and soul is ever changing and ever growing, for the love I now have cannot be compared to the one I once had.

Miranda and Will's wedding served as a reminder that the hard work is worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails