Saturday, July 19, 2014

Six Years

It has been 6 years since I married the one I love.

In some ways it feels like we have been a part of each other's life since we were born and in other ways it seems like just yesterday he helped me get out of my wedding dress and remove the 60+ pins that held my curly hair up.

I could not have imagined the events that have become a part of our story over the past six years. We giggled every night when we went to bed together and no longer had to say goodbye at the end of a date night. We moved to a new city and discovered what it is like to live without community. We felt our tiny daughter move in my belly and we fell in love with our Creator all over again.

We have hugged. We have kissed.

We have been sleep deprived and we have felt discouraged.

We have laughed. We have cried.

We have apologized. We have prayed.

We have experienced some of our toughest days this past year and we have made a commitment to restore the walls and repair the foundation of our relationship. The last few months have been hard and humbling. Sometimes we feel like we are taking three steps forward and five backwards, but we are trusting that God is leading us to a place we could never arrive on our own.

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

We are holding hands, moving toward the promised streams in the years to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails