Monday, August 29, 2011

Hearing God's Voice

Here are five key questions to help you determine if what you are hearing is from God or not:
(These questions come from the book What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst.)

1.      Does what I’m hearing line up with Scripture?

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

2.      Is it consistent with God’s character?

“Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” Romans 8:5

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

3.      Is it being confirmed through messages I’m hearing at church or studying in my quiet times?

“The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.” John 10:3-4

4.      Is it beyond me?

“I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

5.      Would it please God?

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight.” Philippians 1:9

“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails