Monday, May 2, 2011

A Steadfast Spirit

My heart has been heavy, so heavy I can hardly breathe at times.

I have been struggling with loneliness, confusion, sadness…My heart is full of worries and all of me is exhausted. I often wish I could just pack a suitcase and go somewhere where I can rest my body, mind, heart and soul.

I know these feelings do not come from the Lord, but I am having such a hard time overcoming my brokenness.

I feel like I am fighting myself – this is a spiritual battle that is consuming all my energy. In my weariness I want to give up, but I know that the Lord has a plan for me (a plan I do not understand).

I want to live, knowing that my hope is in Him – and Him alone.

So, this is my prayer today:

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:10-12

May he grant me a steadfast spirit. May my heart be filled with joy, and may I be sustained by Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails